A few weeks ago, Molly and I attended a fashion event that focused on all the must-try trends for winter. Before sitting down for a fashion show, a hair stylist showed us how to achieve a perfect top knot! Turns out, the secret ingredient is lots of teasing! Perfectly teased and tousled hair will create a knot that’s just the right amount of messy.
Molly played model while I snapped photos of the stylist giving her a top knot. Check out how it’s done:
- Put your hair in a high ponytail. The stylist recommended using your fingers as a brush for a slightly undone look.
- Using a fine tooth comb, tease your ponytail!
- Form a bun by coiling your hair around the base of the ponytail. Secure with a rubber hair tie.
- Pin the knot in place with bobby pins.
- Voila! Top knots are the perfect ‘do for taking your look from daytime chic to nighttime glam.
Check out more photos from our night out, including fashion show shots, on my blog!