Although the current weather might suggest otherwise, the spring season is coming and we couldn’t be more excited! After living in sweaters and boots for what feels like forever, we’re ready for some fun colors and lighter pieces to add to our wardrobe. As you start researching trends and heading out to your favorite stores, keep in mind our top ten must-have items for Spring 2014.
Find our more on each featured item here!
1. Tote bag – Mini bags were the “it” bag last year, but let’s face it, we carry way too much stuff for a bag so small! Larger bags like totes are in for spring and leave you with limitless options when choosing a shape, color, and material. We’re currently loving this Addie Colorblock Tote with a classic exterior and plenty of interior pockets!
2. Skater skirt – If you’re ready to put your maxi skirts aside for a while (but not for long … we still love you!) the skater skirt is an adorable alternative. With a high waist and fuller body, this skirt is perfect for ladies of all shapes and sizes. Tuck in a chambray shirt or a basic tee for a cute and casual look — perfect for a date night!
3. Printed scarf – Temperatures might be rising, but spring evenings can still be chilly! A lightweight scarf is ideal for adding some extra coverage and warmth. We’re loving printed scarves this season. Pair a floral scarf with a striped shirt to conquer the mixed print trend, or layer an animal print scarf with a plain-colored top for added dimension.
4. Graphic tee – From inspirational quotes to sassy sayings, these tops are a great way to show some personality. Look for a tee that speaks to your style or says something about who you are. Need to dress it up? Throw on a blazer or add a sparkly statement necklace to add some pizzazz!
5. Printed pants – These pants are going to be everywhere this spring! Found in hundreds of colors and prints, these fun pants are a breath of fresh air compared to boyfriend jeans or colored skinnies. Tip: For a slimming effect, choose an ankle length pixie cut pant and avoid a flared or trouser style.
6. Bright watch – Need a little pop of color? Look for details in your watch! Choose one with a colorful leather band, or go for a more traditional style like the one pictured here with a brightly colored face.
7. Embellished flats – We know there are designer flats out there that you are just dying to have. To avoid blowing your budget, search for look-a-like styles and save money for other must-have wardrobe staples. That way, you can collect a pair of flats in every style. Peep-toe, studded, color-blocked … we could go on for days.
8. Crystal statement necklace – Perfect for dressing up a t-shirt or casual blouse, a crystal statement necklace doesn’t have to cost a fortune! Lucky for you, this style is wildly popular this spring, meaning there are endless shopping options out there. Choose a classic neutral tone or something more colorful — the choice is yours!
9. Pastel blazer – It’s no surprise that pastels are in for spring. We’re swooning over pretty hues like mint, baby blue, violet, and light yellow. Shop for a colored blazer with a perfect fit and your go-to jacket is found!
10. Exotic bag – While winter brings to mind neutral colors and traditional materials for handbags, spring gives way to color and bold print. Exotic materials such as faux animal skin are a great way to say goodbye to the winter blahs. This Erin Exotic Satchel is just one great option!
Ps. If you’re looking for more handbag trends for spring, be sure to check out our 18 hottest picks!