Shower: 15 minutes (in a hurry)
Blow dry: 30 minutes
Curling or straightening: 20 minutes
Let’s be real. Who has that kind of time in the morning? I don’t know about you, but I take advantage of every single second of sleep I can get — so hitting snooze usually trumps a time-intensive ‘do.
Luckily, I’ve discovered three go-to styles that are quick, easy, cute, and don’t require too much brain power (which always seems to be lacking before my morning coffee). With these, you can wash your hair at night, quickly throw it up after you brush it, and you’ll be out the door with time to spare.
1. Elegant Bun
Learning this hairstyle from Sara Lynn Paige was a game changer for me. It’s so cute and takes only a minute. It’s also fairly easy to do, which is great because I’m no hairdresser!
- Put your hair in a ponytail
- Part the hair above your elastic band
- Twist your ponytail and tuck the end of it through the hole, but don’t pull it all the way through
- Roll the ponytail upward and tuck loose hair under, forming a bun
- Secure with pins or barrettes
You can leave a tendril down like in the picture or pull all the hair back for a more sleek look. Check out Sara Lynn Paige’s site for great video instructions!
2. Braided Headband
Some people purchase braided headbands that match their hair color, but I think that’s a little bit silly since the style is so simple to do with your actual hair! This ‘do is one of Lauren Conrad’s signature looks.
- Take either your bangs or a thin section of hair at your part and divide it into three sections for braiding
- Begin braiding the sections, adding a little bit of hair each time you braid (this is essentially a mini French braid)
- Braid under to get a more dimensional braid like Lauren’s. Or, braid over for a flatter braid
- You can stop the braid near your ear like Lauren by securing it with a bobby pin. Another option is to keep braiding it to the end for a bohemian look
You can style the rest of your hair however you like, leaving it down or up.
3. Half French Twist
We love this style from The Small Things Blog, which is perfect for straight, wavy, or curly hair.
- Pull a front section of hair from one side of your head to the back of your head and insert bobby pins vertically
- Pull a front section of hair from the opposite side of your head and wrap it around and under the first side, inserting bobby pins
See? Super cute and only two steps.
Voila! I hope these hairstyles can save you a little bit of time in the morning. If you’re looking for more ways to save time in those wee hours, check out our Bed to Beautiful 10 Minute Morning Routine.