Only 2 days till Christmas!!! We have a gift for you… we want to share with you, our top 10 best selling handbags of 2015. We hope you’re just excited as us!
- Our Mir 2 in 1 tote!!! First of all… you’re getting 2 in 1 so right there is a deal maker. It’s the perfect size to carry all your must haves in and comes with an over the shoulder strap so you can mix it up with your outfits.
2. Our Mae Classic Satchel!!! I am in love with this handbag. It’s very classy, goes with any outfit and we have 3 amazing colors to choose from!
3. Our Wendy Stitched Satchel!!! Let’s just all take a second to envy how adorable this handbag is. You can fit your whole room in this thing (I carry everything I need and more in mine) It’s the perfect bag for any age!
4. Our Grace Satchel!!! I think my heart melted when I first saw this purse. I am in love with this color. Stand out with this adorable, bold and classy purse!
5. Our Almost Famous Carryall Tote!!! This handbag mixes a simply classic style with a larger size so you can store more than just your wallet inside. It’s the new celebrity “it” trend!
6. Our Clara Pebbled Shoulder Bag!!! My favorite part of this handbag is the drawstring, keep all your items nice and safe. Keep it simple with this adorable shoulder bag!
7. Our Bryce Braided Barrel Satchel!!! Braided leather straps and studs?! The perfect combo. Spice up your life with this darling handbag! It comes in 2 great colors.
8. Our Scout Structured Messenger bag!!! Can you say VINTAGE?! This bag is sooo cute and roomy. If the big handbags are not for you then this bag is the perfect fit. Everything about this purse is perf (this one is my personal fav).
9. Our Carissa Stitch Tote!!! This purse will be sure to catch anyone’s eye. We love the southwestern look of this handbag. This tote is large enough to carry all your handbag essentials; a novel, an extra pair of shoes and even a small laptop. The zip shut top closure ensures all your items will arrive at your destination safely.
10. Our Layla Pocket Shoulder Bag!!! I love love LOVE everything about this bag. (Did I say love to much?) I think this handbag is adorable. The 2 pockets on the front are the perfect fashionable touch. The compliments will be never ending.
What… Handbags have a history? I was awed too don’t worry, it’s actually amazing how handbags were once a welcome from a groom to his bride centuries ago. Personally, I wouldn’t mind a purse as a gift from my husband, a girls gotta have her stuff. (Especially hoarding sweets around, that’s right… I caught you.(; ) So future husband, take my hand, and gimme that purse!
During the 15th century is when men gave women handbags as a wedding gift, typically embroidered with an illustration showing their love for them. But wait a second, if I’m going to get purse from my husband (hint hint) I’d truly appreciate a leather one. I don’t need your illustration of love, I’m marrying you right? I know you already love me. I mean… you do love me, right? Good. I’m glad we see eye to eye, now I can reward you with the candy bar I’ll have stored in my new purse. (;
16-17th century small leather pouches were introduced with a drawstring to loop into your belt. Ok, so we are getting closer to leather. Mmm the smell of leather, hear that husband? I like the smell of leather.
The 18th century was very common material for fashionable bags that were split, ironed flat, and mounted onto wood, leather, cardboard, or cloth. Through the heating of the straw embellishments, they would add granules of gold or stains of color to vary the style. (oh lalala I like gold) Leather (hello gorgeous!) made it easier to travel. So I’m hearing leather makes it easier to travel… Hmm if that’s the case, husband we could travel and travel, but now I think I might want some gold added for color. (;
Aw ha, so we have now found ourselves to my personal favorite the victorian/19th century. So unique right? These handbags were made to coordinate with your outfit, they called them ridicules. They were leather (yay leather) and silk. You know what, husband? I’d love silk sheets, let’s live in luxury shall we?
Did you know?
- Men wore handbags as often as women did.
- Women wanted purses that would not be bulky or untidy in appearance, so reticules were designed.
- In France originally reticules were popular, but they eventually crossed over into Britain, and were named “indispensables”.
- During the Industrial Revolution, clutches, pouches, and handbags became the increase in travel by railway in England.
Hello ladies and maybe gentlemen (I’m not judging.(; ) Rompers can honestly be a difficult sometimes, if it doesn’t fit properly it can make you lose your shape. You wanna make sure the waistline fits on your waist, not too high or too low. If it’s too flowly of a fabric, it can make you look like you rolled out of bed in a pair of your PJ’s. Not another one of those “#WokeUpLikeThis” because, no you did not! Accessorizing them can be a pain in the butt… Don’t give up on hope! Here’s Handbag Heaven‘s favorites of dressing a romper up. Outfits were created with our favorite, polyvore.
Who doesn’t love a bohemian summer look and a cute clutch to tag along? Fringy layers are so fun and “fetch.” Don’t worry Gretchen we agree with you, we are making it happen. (;
Be flowy and frilly in the cute way, not the pajama way! Dressing up with belts is an excellent way to hold your body shape if the romper takes that away from you. Oh, don’t foget Minnie, she’s here to help carry your necessities in style.
Sexy yet Classy
Ow ow! Got a date, a party, or just a night out with the friends? Long legged rompers are perfect for nice dressed events. You don’t always have to go with that dress that may, or may not draw attention when the breeze catches you, or fits so tight it crawls up your legs as you walk and sit down… I know I’ll take that, pass and, go with the sliming romper. Isn’t that right, Lola?
A girl that’s put together and fashionably late must be “the clutch” She’s sharp, doesn’t take no for an answer, and always has a credit card to pay for her must haves. Don’t worry guys, this girl is independent and will always be one to take care of herself.
The Mini Me
This girl is prepared for her lipstick to wipe off from a starbucks cup of coffee, so she must indeed carry her lipsticks. Always looking fresh and ready to take on whatever hottie comes to talk to her and swipe her off of her feet. Smart, she knows a fake when she see’s one… Sweet is her middle name, and her sense of humor is intriguing.
Say hello to the everday sized handbag, this girl is not just any girl though. Diveristy sure enough sets in. Her bag is filled anywhere from her make up bag to her favorite book. Her belongings are very important to keep around because when things get boring, she’s prepared.
The Tote-ally Prepared
Okay, so she must have kids or must have her life with her. Reguardless, not a thing is missing wherever she may go. Moms, I mean I totally get it, you need to keep the kids under control! They will scream and cry at you, and no kid ladies, I get you too. Who doesn’t want to have everything they need when they need it? Maybe I should consider carrying my tote around!
Look for exotic animal prints, patent leather in vibrant colors, and extra “flash” such as exposed zippers and big buckles. These little accessories will not only take up less space – they’ll complete your outfit! They also make great gifts for sisters and girl friends. (A nice clutch can be the perfect graduation present, if you’re still looking!)
Check out what we recommend for after hours outings.
Sienna Flex Wallet
Reagan Shoulder Clutch
Winnit Colorblock Clutch
Peyton Exotic Wallet