As promised, Miss Charissa is back to give us some pointers on Black Friday dressing. I, myself, would have suggested accoutrements more along the lines of a helmet, a bullet proof vest, a numchuck worn scarf-style and so on, but these ideas are a tiny bit more practical. To each their own…
It probably seems like such a silly thing to plan out what to wear based on the events of Black Friday – but I can assure you that you need to plan your shopping attire on a few key points. (And I’m not saying that just because I am a fashion-loving gal, although that does have a little to do with it.)
If you are serious about jumping into the Black Friday craziness, then you need to be prepared from head to toe!
So here we go!
A few things to think about Friday morning, as you get dressed:
1. Be Comfortable – You need to make sure what you choose to wear is super comfortable! You are going to be moving fast to get as much shopping done as possible so a dress is probably not the best choice. Suggestions: Track Suit, Jeans, Comfortable Sweater or Top.
2. Be Cool – Remember that you are going to be doing a lot of walking and a lot of moving. Even if it’s cold outside, be sure you wear lightweight clothing so you don’t get too hot. Suggestions: Layer your clothing so you can take off jackets, or sweaters if you get hot.
3. Step Light – It is imperative that you wear comfortable shoes! Now, I am a shoe freak and love my stilettos and boots, even for shopping, but not, I repeat NOT for Black Friday shopping! Suggestions: Tennis Shoes, Comfortable Flats, Flip Flops, Crocs, Uggs.
4. Feel Good – Now, while you are dressing comfy I still want you to feel great about yourself! If you find a good deal on something for you I want you to get it! And we all know that we are more likely to buy for ourselves when we feel good about ourselves. Suggestions: Wear your Jewelry, Fix up your hair and makeup like you normally would. Just because you might be in a Track Suit doesn’t mean you can’t look great.
5. Learn to use your Bag – Take along any snacks you may want, along with a bottle of water or two. Don’t want to lose your spot in line because you’re hungry!
Now do you agree that you need to be comfortable when shopping this Black Friday?
(If you’re the type of person who would rather sit around in your PJs than brave the crazed shoppers, there’s a solution for you! Black Friday: Online Shopping and Cyber Monday!)
When you’ve decided what to wear on the big day – leave us a comment and let us know!! I might even blog about you over at Fashion Trend Spotting.
Next Post: Top Ten Best Deals to Look for on Black Friday