From swanky soirees to casual cocktail parties, your holiday hangouts are plentiful this season. Now that you know what to wear to every event, you’ll need to grab a thoughtful gift for the holiday hostess, too. Whether it’s a best friend, coworker, cousin, gal pal, or even your mama, it’s the polite thing to do — especially when she’s doing so much to make sure you’re having a good time.
While a bottle of wine is the perfect go-to, we know how hard it is to get creative with gift-giving. A hostess gift should be something small and not too expensive, but thoughtful enough to say “thank you for all you do.” Here are our picks for the haute holiday hostess:
1. Glitter Polish — Give her a posh nail lacquer that’s perfect for seasonal festivities. Whether you choose this pretty pink polish or another hue, just make sure it’s full of glittery-goodness!
2. Cute Cards — Aren’t these Kate Spade cards to die for? Your holiday hostess will love getting punchy note cards that are sure to spread the cheer with every use.
3. Scented Candle — Umm … the name of this scented candle already has our mouths watering. Grab a delicious candle in her favorite dessert flavor so she can savor it all year round.
4. Clever Dishtowels — Dishtowels fall into the category of things you need, but never want to actually buy, which makes it even more perfect to give as a hostess gift! We love this conversion towel from Crate & Barrel — such a clever idea for the kitchen!
5. Festive Soap — Give her a yummy soap in scents like candy cane or sugar plum fairy to make her bubble baths uber-festive, too. You’re also giving her a reason to kick back and relax during the most stressful season.
6. Chalkboard Tray — How cute is this cheese tray? Give your hostess something she can use for her next soiree!
7. Bright Baubles — Every lady loves a pair of jewels! Say thanks with jewel-toned studs in her favorite winter hue.
8. Wine Glasses — We interviewed quite a few gals here at Handbag Heaven, and wine glasses were a unanimous gift favorite. Hey, we like our wine (especially in pretty glasses)!
9. Quirky Bookends — Give your hostess something to dress up those shelves! You can find these “literal bookends” at Modcloth, and you might just have to send one our way, too. ;)
11. Animal Magnets — Animal magnets are all over Pinterest these days, and we just can’t get enough of these quirky-little-things! Whether you DIY or buy them online, your hostess will love placing these on her fridge or desk.
12. Pretty Ornament — Get your gal pal a gorgeous holiday ornament. Try to find one with embellishments or glitter so that it catches her eye when she plugs in the tree lights!
13. Cocktail Guide — This cute little cocktail book is the perfect coffee table companion for your haute holiday hostess. We’ll take a Cosmo, please!