We’ve all been there. You get a wild hair and purchase something questionable, only to experience that dreaded feeling as you drift off to sleep. This feeling, better known as “buyer’s remorse,” is a common affliction that, if not careful, can be quite contagious! In order to prevent you from coming down with Fashion Faux Pas Fever (and to also save you some money), we put together a list of five items that WILL cause buyer’s remorse.
1. Velour Tracksuits – Oooh, boy. Beware of the velour! While this look may seem like a great way to stay trendy on “sweatpants days,” this material is just not flattering. Ever. Want a comfy look? Go for yoga pants paired with a long-sleeve tee or sweatshirt.
2. Thigh-High Boots – Think these are hot? Think again. Chances are, you purchase these with intentions of wearing them for a night on the town, only to find that you don’t have the courage to go through with it! Boots cut just below the knee are just as sexy and are way more practical.
3. Printed Pants – Did you jump on the printed pants bandwagon this past spring? Where are those beauties now? Hidden under a pile of clothes at the bottom of your closet? This is not to say that this is a bad trend or that it can’t be pulled off fashionably. We just ask that you proceed with caution. This look is simply not for everyone.
4. Flashy Shoes – It happens to the best of us. You see a kind-of-crazy pair of shoes that calls your name, or perhaps you envision them being a perfect addition to that one specific outfit… The reality is that you will probably only wear these shoes once, making them a complete waste of money. Unless they’re super cheap, save yourself the cash and invest in something you can wear all the time!
5. Leather Pants – All the celebs are wearing them this year. Unfortunately, for those of us who don’t have a 90210 zip code, this look just isn’t practical. Additionally, this trend may not be flattering for all body types. If you are going to purchase a pair of leather pants or liquid leggings, be mindful of when and where you will wear them to avoid making a serious fashion misstep!
We all have buyer’s remorse stories when it comes to our fashion choices. Please share yours in the comments below!