Lately there have been many articles about different life hacks to save time and money–I even saw one website with 1,000 different hacks! I think it would take more time to read through those than we would save through those tips, so I’ve picked my top 10 favorite hacks from across the web. Let us know what your favorites are by sharing in the comments or posting with us on our social media.
- I just had a need for this little trick this morning. Don’t you hate it when you have a tube of product and you know there’s a lot left but you just can’t get to it?? this little trick can save quite a bit of the product you paid for, and it’s one of the easiest things to do. Just cut open the tube and scoop the goop into a plastic jar. Now it’s easy to get to!
- I admit that I often color my hair at home to save money and time. But one downside is the dye can easily stain my skin! To prevent having marks near my hairline while still getting all the way to my roots is to line my face with conditioner. Vaseline works well, too.
- Use a rubber band to get perfect french manicure tips. We’ve seen many versions of this, but I think this knot method is the easiest.
- I recently had my nails painted with yellow and blue nail polish. Unfortunately, after I removed the polish the nails with the yellow stayed yellow! I tried this little trick, and voila! White nails again. Whew!
- Working at handbagheaven.com I have built up quite a collection of purses. This little tip saved me a lot of money on special hooks and more hangers, and it’s so easy to get access to the purse I want. Just hang the purses using shower curtain hooks!
- Ok. Who doesn’t use bobby pins? I use them quite often, but I often lose them or don’t have quick easy access to them. I found this hack extremely useful!! Put the bobby pins in an empty Tic-Tac container. Perfect for taking with you in your purse or clutch, and even for storage in the bathroom drawer.
- Here’s another hair-related hack. Similar idea to the bobby pin idea, but for elastics. Use a cheap carabiner!
- Got makeup on your shirt? It can be easy to get foundation or other makeup on your clothes as you get dressed or as you are applying makeup. Simply use a bit of shaving cream and wipe the makeup off your clothes. Now you have cleaned up and don’t need to change, and best of all it won’t damage your clothes! My favorite shaving cream for this trick is Barbasol.
- Add a simple wall sit at the end of a run or bike ride. Just do three wall sits at 30-60 seconds each and you will see a noticeable difference in your muscle tone and strength! You can even do this when you wake up to get your blood going and help you kick start your energy for the day. Best thing is you can do them anywhere.
- My last favorite hack is so amazingly simple I almost can’t believe it. Got a paper cut? Got chapstick? Apply chapstick to the cut and it stops the pain and it’s gone within a day. Sweet relief!
Our Bed to Beautiful: Your 10 Minute Morning Routine post also has some great ideas for how to save time getting ready.